Tuesday 3 May 2011

Yearning for More Curvaceous Pastures

It would seem that, as of late, Europe has been popping up in my day-to-day conversations more frequently; my girlfriend is soon to be returning to Canada from a two-week vacation in Rome, the recent Royal Wedding of the former Kate Middleton and the formerly fawned-over William "Who Thought I'd Grow Into My Dad's Goulish Looks" Windsor, a co-worker talking to me about a recent trip to see his daughter in Belgium, and so forth.

Half of me is envious of all the pieces of history mentioned in these day-to-day conversations that I have yet to see for myself. Indeed, my Bachelor of History self goes a little green with the talk of The Flavium Amphitheatre, Trajan's Market, Westminster Abbey, and the formerly Hapsburg-ruled home of delicious, delicious chocolate.....

Now, of course, like any good skateboarder, my thoughts of Europe are also often accompanied with visions of the bevy of amazing things to skate across the pond. Mind you, while most skaters would fantasize about the sets, ledges, and manual pads that seem to litter Barcelona, I find my personal European skate destiation would likely be throughout France.

"Brandon," you, the reader may ask "why France? I heard the people are arrogant and smell like open sewage." Well, suprisingly interactive reader, I will grant you that I have heard accounts from people who have done the London/Paris two week vacation, only to wish they'd spent both weeks in jolly ol' England... However, these people were not concerned with what terrain was available to skate. Therefore, on this note, herewith are some of my must-skate structures if ever i should find myself backpacking throughout the land of wine and cheese


The Lyon Mushrooms


The Marseilles Bowl

Le Cradle de 13e, Paris



The holy grail, the Eiffel Tower Basin Bowl

Notice a pattern?

I prefer transitions, in case it wasn't painfully obvious at this point, and naturally-occurring trannys in the GTA are rare as diamonds. The unfortunate thing is that France is a long way, and a good chunk of change. That being said, I suppose at this point I'll have to save up a little and settle for the next best thing...



Big O, Montreal.

...What is it with the French and curvy architecture, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment